Subscribe in a reader FAITH: FAITH

Saturday 26 May 2012

FAITH




What is faith? Faith is something you believe in very strongly. It may be an object, an opinion or something that you believe is true. Some have faith in religion, some in science, some in astrology and some perhaps in a handkerchief which he thinks brings him good luck.
 Faith is very important in life because you think it works. And you are what you think. Your very life depends on what you think. If you think you are happy you are happy. If you think you are unhappy you are unhappy. Faith gives you confidence in adversity. And confidence gives you a calm and peaceful mind. Again, a calm and peaceful mind makes you think lucidly and positively. A positive thought translates into positive action and in the end a positive result.
A good example is Gandhi. He believed deeply in non violence. And it brought him immense success in what he tried to achieve. His non violent protests were far more effective than many great armed struggles. Sourav Ganguly had faith in his handkerchief and it helped him to feel confident in cricket grounds and make many runs.
I will end this article with a personal example. Some years back I had tremendous anxiety for some reason and I could not sleep. Doctor gave me very strong sleeping pills . I was taking nitrazepam 10 mg at night and 4 alprazolam 0.25 mg during day and still I could not sleep.
 At that time I went to Haridwar and sat beside Har-ki-Pauri ghat. Suddenly something came to my mind. I started to believe. I felt if I repeated the word “Ram” in my mind he will relieve me from all my worries since He is the doer of everything and I will sleep. I started doing that in train during my journey back to Kolkata. Gradually,very slowly,the deep anxiety began to diminish and vanished altogether after sometime. I did not know when I fell asleep but when I woke up I realized that I have slept almost for two days constantly without help from any drug. I only woke up  by the tapping of the ticket checker.
That is faith for you.

3 comments:

  1. Yes. These realizations often comes to our mind. There is no miracle!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. According to your Faith be it unto You....

    ReplyDelete
  3. According to your Faith be it unto You....

    ReplyDelete